Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 June 2014

Get a Song that I have performed on played on a radio station

“All Over the world, All over the world, it’s where I want to be….”

This was the opening line of the song that was played on “Wolf FM” when we went to be interviewed by local DJ Ollie Hayes on his evening show all those years ago.
We were inspired by an idea that the Beatles used and started the song with the Chorus to make it catchier and I think it worked to a certain extent as I still only have to hear the opening lines and I have the song stuck in my head.
The band I was in at the time was called “Shiver” and we were making a minor ripple on the Wolverhampton music scene.
We’d had a handful of gigs at the varsity and a few others around the midlands but we were just about to embark on our first trip to London and we had been invited to go on the radio to help promote the 5 live festival that the Varsity were hosting and we had been told to bring a copy of our latest demo.
As we entered the studio we handed the CD over to the station manager and he took it into the back room and came back, handed us the CD and said…Yeah, I can play that. We all giggled like idiots.
We were prepared for the interview but had never considered that they’d play our song as part of the show.
To be honest I think all we did was laugh all the way through the 15 – 20 minutes we were on air apart from when the DJ hit the play button and our tune was aired to dozens of local radio listeners, at that moment the laughing stopped and we all sat dumbfounded at what was happening.
I never managed to record the session so I do feel a little sad that I never actually got to hear the song being played on the radio itself and as Shiver split a good many years ago I guess I will never experience this.

No comments:

Post a Comment